Saturday, December 31, 2005
Friday, December 30, 2005
Thursday, December 29, 2005
Wednesday, December 28, 2005
Tuesday, December 27, 2005
Monday, December 26, 2005
How did I find this site? It generated traffic to my site, and anyone that cares about what people are staying about them is going to keep a close eye on referral links. If you take the time to link to someone, make sure that you click the link and visit their site from it as well.
Better yet, email them. Posting about someone is a good excuse to reach out and say hi.
Saturday, December 24, 2005
Friday, December 23, 2005
Thursday, December 22, 2005
- I have to go because I always have.
- I go because it is the right thing to do.
- I go because I don't know what else to do.
- I go because there are free donuts
Now Consider these:
- I go because I am a valued member of the community and people there are counting on me.
- I go because I am so excited about the vision and where the organization is going.
- I would not think of missing because it is part of who I am.
- I look forward to going as a highlight of my week.
It is easier to understand this in a religious setting. Your job as a leader is to inspire people to be on the second list, and those people will create word of mouth and buzz for you.
Now, as a business leader, ask yourself where your employees and clients fall on this list.
Create raving fans who are engaged with the organization and buzz will grow.
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
Tuesday, December 20, 2005
Monday, December 19, 2005
Sunday, December 18, 2005
Saturday, December 17, 2005
Buzz is not only a marketing function.
- Product development probably plays one of the biggest roles in buzz. Create a remarkable product and you will have all the buzz you can handle.
- Manufacturing plays a role in buzz. Poor quality will result in negative buzz, and solid, quality products do get praise.
- Customer service plays a critical role in buzz because it directly relates to bad buzz, good buzz or just what I would expect.
- Human resources is paramount to buzz. Happy employees do a better job, and if Buzz creating is made part of the corporate culture, HR will be training employees in how to talk about the company and encouraging everyone to create buzz.
- Executive Teams should know all the great stories, connect with the customers and create buzz in many extraordinary ways.
- Shareholders should be talking about all the great stories they hear coming out of the company that they own stock in.
Ultimately, every person in an organization should be taught the importance of buzz and know stories they can use when opportunities arise. Buzz is the job of the entire organization, not of the Buzz Marketers.
Friday, December 16, 2005
Thursday, December 15, 2005
Wednesday, December 14, 2005
Tuesday, December 13, 2005
Monday, December 12, 2005
What should a good word of mouth agency provide?
- Strong Market Research
- A plan to develop advocates (ethically)
- Tools specifically designed to measure many forms of word of mouth (not just blogs and internet)
- Experience developing talking points and WOM Units
- Knowledge of a diverse set of channels to get the messages out
- Tools to identify current advocates
- Training for your staff to become stronger advocates
These are the kinds of things Buzzoodle has available to clients that are interested in creating more buzz and word of mouth, especially if they plan to use their employee base as advocates.
Sunday, December 11, 2005
Friday, December 09, 2005
Thursday, December 08, 2005
Tuesday, December 06, 2005
Monday, December 05, 2005
Sunday, December 04, 2005
Once an employee is burned out, they should accept it and move on when they can.
Creating a Buzz Marketing Strategy can help move a company towards identifying success for everyone and creating some excitement. You start a Buzz Marketing Strategy by talking to employees and finding out what the success stories are. Find out what they talk about and start organizing the stories and the strategy to get everyone involved in spreading it.
The Buzzoodle Buzz Marketing strategy can transform a corporate culture to one of greater involvement, greater achievement, greater success and greater satisfaction for everyone. Not through the software necessarily, but throught the philosophy of helping people understand buzz, grow and succeed on a personal level.