- I have to go because I always have.
- I go because it is the right thing to do.
- I go because I don't know what else to do.
- I go because there are free donuts
Now Consider these:
- I go because I am a valued member of the community and people there are counting on me.
- I go because I am so excited about the vision and where the organization is going.
- I would not think of missing because it is part of who I am.
- I look forward to going as a highlight of my week.
It is easier to understand this in a religious setting. Your job as a leader is to inspire people to be on the second list, and those people will create word of mouth and buzz for you.
Now, as a business leader, ask yourself where your employees and clients fall on this list.
Create raving fans who are engaged with the organization and buzz will grow.