Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Monday, September 25, 2006
Thursday, September 21, 2006
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Check out the post on the new blog about bookmarks and the cool bookmark options at the bottom of the page.
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
Why? First, to build our brand in different markets and reach a wider web audience. Next, some people in the US prefer to read in Spanish. Also, there are fewer Spanish marketing blogs and we think we will stand out more, although I have seen some excellent Spanish marketing blogs.
Lastly, we are working on partnerships with people in other parts of the world that will resell our products and spread our message as part of their marketing services. Having some of our content translated into other languages will speed the growth and adoption of Buzz Marketing with employees.
If you were to put up just a few pages welcoming people in other languages and explaining your services, how much do you think your audience would grow? Just keep in mind that they may think you have someone on staff that speaks the language. If they call be prepared to handle it. There are more and more services that can help you with this. Some call centers are fielding customer calls just in different languages. This can help you start the buzz in places where you will not even know what they are saying.
Monday, September 18, 2006
Sunday, September 17, 2006
Friday, September 15, 2006
Thursday, September 14, 2006
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
- Does anyone else besides you, close family and friends get excited about your product or service?
- When you meet people, do they frequently say they have heard about you?
- If you stopped all sales efforts, would some sales continue to come in through word of mouth?
- Do you appear to be gaining a little momentum in many places?
- Are people blogging about you?
- If you closed your business, would people be upset?
- Does your product or service have a positive impact on people's life?
These may be good things to ask yourself if you have been trying to sell a product or service for years and have been just getting by. Maybe it is time to try something new.
Another thing you might do is ask yourself these questions and then figure out how to repackage what you are doing to improve the answers to these questions. Giving up on the way you operate today is breathing new life into tomorrow.
Monday, September 11, 2006
- Great Support
- Listening to clients
- Great design that is easy to use. - Easy like small children can use it....not your standard ot easy.
- Solve a problem people care about
- Help others succeed
Even a great product needs a smart jump start, which is why you do marking. The test of your products greatness is whether it takes on a life of it's own after that jump start.
Friday, September 08, 2006
Thursday, September 07, 2006
Promoterz is a hands-free, word-of-mouth marketing service for businesses. It identifies the happiest customers and gives those customers a megphone to share the good news with their friends. Promoterz(tm) does this by asking customers about their experience with a remarkably short survey. Promoterz(tm) then invites customers to become a hero by sharing a valuable offer with their friends. Most customers then request to be notified of other special offers or newsletters. The net result is an increase in word-of-mouth referrals and an increase in repeat business.
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
- Let people know how and why you want to do it, and how it will benefit them.
- Create a Buzz Guide that spells out the do’s and don’ts of creating buzz.
- Publish and distribute success stories, company information and interesting trivia to employees and customers. Encourage them to share it.
- Publicly recognize employees that create buzz.
- Encourage reporting of buzz efforts.
- Set a goal of a minimum number of buzz attempts each week.
- Encourage employees to become experts in a given field.
If you do those things, and also give your advocates clear examples and instructions on buzz tools, you will find your business growing quickly. Some examples of buzz tools are:
- News sites where you can post news, such as www.digg.com
- Email follow-ups with stale connections
- Build a Squidoo lens
- Bookmark company pages with social bookmark tools like del.icio.us
- Hand out coupons to people they know
There are 100’s of variations of this kind of buzz creating opportunity. The most important thing to remember is that one or two of these things occasionally is not going to do much. If you successfully build a culture of buzz and a culture where every employee feels like they are responsible for the success of the organization, then you will be able to sustain the buzz effort and eventually hit a crucial mass where you have customers lining up for what you have to offer. The best part of this whole thing is that this technique costs less than traditional marketing and advertising and word of mouth is shown to be one of the most effective and influential mediums to get your message out to potential customers. It is well worth the extra effort, and in a relatively short period of time it will be paying off.
- Buzz Tracking Web-based Solutions
- Buzz Marketing Strategic Planning
- Content Management and Blogging Solutions
- Speaking and Training Services
- Buzzoodle Buzz Marketing Book – Coming November 2006
- Buzzoodle Buzz Marketing Blog
Corporate-wide Evangelism is the surest way to help the company and the individuals succeed. Buzzoodle can show you how: www.Buzzoodle.com
Friday, September 01, 2006
- Ignored them forever.
- Tried to open a free Hedge Hog Training Facility that would teach hedge hogs the buddy system so if one got in trouble the other would pull him out.
- Genetically engineer hedge hogs to not like sweets.
- Eliminate the contaner for their McFlurry. It becomes a handful of ice cream.
- Claim hedge hogs are a pest and they are doing the world a favor.
- Start selling hedge hog strips so the dead hedge hogs do not go to waste.
Why didn't McDonalds see this coming you ask? I don't know either. But now if I were McDonalds I would take a page from the book of those line-caught tuna canneries and put a big emblem with "Hedge Hog Safe" on the side of the cup along with a website where people can find out more.
Side Note: Did that article give you the impression that England is full of litter and millions of wild hedge hogs too?