- Easy to tell (See post on evaluating story)
- Easy to repeat
- Easy to slip into a conversation for non-sales people
- Remarkable enough that it makes the teller look smart and interesting
- Illustrate how your organization helped someone
- Include mention of the organization
A good story should also be something that all of your employees and customers are aware of and encouraged to repeat whenever they get the chance.
Good buzz is reinforced with different stories from different sources, which will create the illusion (or illustrates the fact) that you have a diverse, caring organization that everyone is talking about.