- My Network - My personal network is the only thing that has resulted in a lot of interest right away. Some people have pre-ordered copies for all of their employees already.
The rest are all about even. All of the following areas have generated 1-5 people interested.
- My Squidoo Lens - Had I not taken 15 minutes the other night in bed to update my Squidoo Lens, I would have lost out on a couple of interested people.
- This Blog - Even with 50-150 readers a day, this blog has underperformed with sign ups. Only a few.
- eNewsletter - I have not made the announcement in our eNewsletter yet, but it landed in someone else's and resulted in someone being interested.
- Trackback on Seth Godin's Blog - Making comments and doing trackbacks on popular blogs also generate interest, and has generated conversions.
- Google Search - Yes, even the traditional search engine is bringing in contacts, and I didn't even pay anyone for SEO.
- The great unknown - Several people have personality flaws and refused to let me know how they found the page. I might delete them, but then again, I might not.
This is in about 10 days of working at it in my spare time. The real lesson here is that Buzz Marketing should not be about hitting a home run. It should be about creating a little buzz here, a little buzz there and building it into a roar that sticks around and grows.