- Post comments on other people’s Blog
- Create or maintain your own Website or Blog
- Email a friend and tell them something interesting on your organization’s website
- Write an article for another website, with a bio and link back to the organization’s website.
- Set up a profile on a social networking site and participate in discussions
- Email an author or writer that you have read and introduce yourself, and let them know you like their work.
#4 – Collect & Reward Efforts Have employees email you or record their buzz in a central place. (Buzzoodle does this.) Have someone review each buzz effort and recognize excellent buzz creation. Talk about how buzz effects search engine ranking and traffic. Give rewards to those top buzz creators and publicly thank them for their effort.
#5 – Review and Renew Periodically give your employees new talking points about the company. It might be an exciting new product line coming up, it could be a great customer service story to work into a forum post, but keep giving them fresh new things to talk about.
If you give employees exciting new buzz-worthy stories they can repeat plus stress the value of their participation, you will find you have more inbound links and internet buzz than any SEO firm could have generated for you in a legitimate way. And it was basically free.