Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Buzzoodle Challenge #11

Buzzoodle Challenges #11 is a Buzz Marketing challenge to get you to connect, create some buzz and get out of your comfort zone. To see the first 10 Buzzoodle Challenges, visit my Squidoo Lens. #11 Go to a conference, expo or convention that is outside of your industry. Meet lots of people and learn about how that industry works. I was recently invited to attend the Book Expo America by David Lorenzo at Career Intensity. I do work with some publishers, but the industry as a whole is not something I know well. The expo opened my eyes to how it works, what opportunities there are to work with authors, and gave me a chance to meet some great people and strengthen some existing relationships. What will come out of it remains to be seen, but I can assure you I made some great connections and I am coming back to Ohio and discussing with authors here some ways to improve sales and exposure. Find something that interests you and go to one of their events. You will meet new people (Since it is not your industry) and learn new things. Unless it is a secret serial killer convention, it should be nothing but upside.