- High Profile, face of company
- Creativity drives product development
- Pays for themselves many times over with the value they add
What are the traits of an Ordinary Diva:
- Strong sense of entitlement
- Belief they cannot be replaced even though they can
- Complain to their friends because they are not appreciated at work
- Point out organizational flaws but do not step up to be part of the solution
- Always think they should be paid more despite ROI saying otherwise
- Causes moral problems with the teams they are on
A real workplace diva may be worth the headaches to make happy and manage because they provide a real value to the organization. Ordinary Divas in the workplace are just going to drag down moral, create negative buzz and hurt the organization over the long haul.
Depending on the severity of the divatude of the person, you may choose to work with them or simply move on and replace them. If you find that many people develop this attitude over time, it may be a good time to take a closer look at your workplace culture and ask yourself what is causing it.