The strategy to put together a good online lead generation system is to not spend all day looking for one piece of software that does it all.
That is like looking for one software tool that does all your Internet Marketing. Good luck with that.
Although there are big packages that will help you tie together many Internet Marketing efforts, I have never seen something that truly does 100% of what a typical effort would need.
The best thing to do is to design a flow chart of what the lead generation strategy looks like for you. Then buy or get lead generation software that can do the key parts of it for you.
My primary focus is Inbound Marketing as a lead generation strategy.
Inbound Marketing is when you develop online information that attract targeted audiences to you instead of you soliciting them. Sounds perfect, right? The disadvantage is that it takes time and effort to get it going. No magical push button automation here - it is building long term value and strong ROI.
Over time this approach can really get great results and I have seen it in many industries.
So if you are looking for lead generation software, start by mapping out your lead generation strategy and identifying those pieces you need. Here are some things you may need depending on your approach.
1. Lead Capture Software - This will be part of your CRM or Email Autoresponder
2. Blog Writing Software - which can help you write and link faster and easier and get better SEO results (this is the primary purpose of our software)
3. Keyword Research Tool - To help you identify target keywords and target markets.
4. Website Analytics - You can get free software to track analytics such as visitors and you can buy SERP tracking, where you rank for keywords in the seach engines, as well. Our software includes SERP for you as it is what drives your results.
5. CMS - A system for managing your website. I prefer the open source free software Wordpress.
All of this is what you use in Inbound Marketing. The good thing is this is a very low cost lead generation strategy that gets stronger the longer you do it and much of the lead generation software is free. Sure it will take a bit of time, but do it in your off hours and reap the rewards in the future.