- Talk less than half the time. A good listener will always stand out more than someone that dominates a conversation and does not give others a chance to express themselves
- Build a personal network even if you do not need it. You may not be in sales and you may not need to know lots of people, but start behaving like a network is essential to your job and success. A strong network will always pay dividends eventually.
- Don’t be afraid of Link Love. Link to other people’s websites, blogs and other online resources and they will often link back to you.
- Don’t hold back. Connect with people when you have the chance. Say hi and smile more. Don’t wait for someone else to break the ice.
- Give generously. No, don’t give away your money. Give people value by making introductions with people they will benefit knowing. Give people information they will like reading. Give value and knowledge without worrying about how you are going to make money that day.
Buzz depends on people talking to other people. It starts with you. Build good will and great relationships and creating buzz will be a much easier task.