- Ignored them forever.
- Tried to open a free Hedge Hog Training Facility that would teach hedge hogs the buddy system so if one got in trouble the other would pull him out.
- Genetically engineer hedge hogs to not like sweets.
- Eliminate the contaner for their McFlurry. It becomes a handful of ice cream.
- Claim hedge hogs are a pest and they are doing the world a favor.
- Start selling hedge hog strips so the dead hedge hogs do not go to waste.
Why didn't McDonalds see this coming you ask? I don't know either. But now if I were McDonalds I would take a page from the book of those line-caught tuna canneries and put a big emblem with "Hedge Hog Safe" on the side of the cup along with a website where people can find out more.
Side Note: Did that article give you the impression that England is full of litter and millions of wild hedge hogs too?