- Does anyone else besides you, close family and friends get excited about your product or service?
- When you meet people, do they frequently say they have heard about you?
- If you stopped all sales efforts, would some sales continue to come in through word of mouth?
- Do you appear to be gaining a little momentum in many places?
- Are people blogging about you?
- If you closed your business, would people be upset?
- Does your product or service have a positive impact on people's life?
These may be good things to ask yourself if you have been trying to sell a product or service for years and have been just getting by. Maybe it is time to try something new.
Another thing you might do is ask yourself these questions and then figure out how to repackage what you are doing to improve the answers to these questions. Giving up on the way you operate today is breathing new life into tomorrow.